Since 1950, Northfield Heating & Air has been providing heating repairs for residents throughout the Chicagoland area. Our skilled professionals are proficient in diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining furnaces and boilers to keep you and your family warm and comfortable during the cold winter months.
The Difference Between a Furnace and a Boiler
Both furnaces and boilers provide sufficient heating, but they work in very different ways. Knowing the basics about the type of system you have can help you determine if you need heating repairs.
- Furnaces use air, which is heated and then moved through the home’s duct system. Over time, furnace air filters become soiled and need to be cleaned or changed; depending on the frequency of use, whether or not there are pets in the household, and other factors, cleaning frequency varies from once a month to once every three months.
- Boilers use water, which is heated and moved through pipes in the walls to heat the home. Instead of air filters, regular maintenance involves the bleeding of excess air, which prevents rooms from being heated improperly.
Our Furnace and Boiler Repair Experts
Our team of five highly trained and qualified HVAC professionals is led by our owner, Jason, who has over two decades of experience in the industry. Northfield Heating & Air takes pride in providing the superior level of service homeowners throughout the Northshore have come to expect from our established company. Our team regularly participates in continuing education opportunities to keep up with modern advances in HVAC technology, and it is our goal to exceed your expectations with our knowledge, professionalism, and high standard of service. We respect your home and your property and take every precaution to keep our working environments safe and clean.
How Do I Know If I Need Furnace or Boiler Repair?
If you think you may need furnace or boiler repair, it’s important to address it right away. Here are a few signs it may be time to call a professional.
- Irregular or Infrequent Maintenance: If your system hasn’t received regular maintenance recently, it’s time to schedule service for optimal functioning.
- Spotty or Inefficient Heating: If your home feels colder than usual or the temperature doesn’t correspond to your thermostat, your furnace or boiler may not be working correctly.
- Increased Electric Bills: When your HVAC system is working harder than it should to heat your home, it can lead to an increase in utility bills.
If you think you may need heating repairs or other HVAC services, Northfield Heating & Air offers superior service throughout the Northwest Suburbs. Contact our Northbrook, IL office now at (847) 251-2740 to schedule your appointment or request emergency services.